Some Facts About AIDS:
According to the World Health Organization 34.3 million people in the world have the AIDS virus
- 24.5 million Of them in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Nearly 19 million have died from AIDS, 3.8 million of them children under the age 15.
- 5.4 million New AIDS cases in 1999, 4 million of them in Africa.
- 2.8 million Died of AIDS IN 1999, 2.4 million of them in Africa.
- 13.2 million Children orphaned by AIDS, 12.1 million of them in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Reduced life expectancy in sub-Saharan Africa from 59yrs to 45yrs between 2005 and 2010, and in Zimbabwe from 61yrs to 33yrs.
- More than 500,000 babies infected in 1999 by their mothers most of them in sub-Saharan Africa.